Besides placing your bids by letter, phone, email and fax, or attending the auction in person, Sixbid offers a sixth way to bid: via the internet:
- Pre bidding: On Sixbid.com, you can browse the contents of auction catalogs, view magnified images of the lots, and place bids online before the auction. These bids will be handled exactly like other commission bids received before the auction.
- Live bidding: In addition to the pre bidding, you may also register for live bidding and place your bids live during the auction.
Furthermore, Sixbid offers a lot more useful features, such as:
- Watch list: Add auction lots to your watch list and get a reminder by email before the auction closes.
- Search for similar lots: Click on the link “Search for similar lots” below each lot description to find other auction lots which may be of interest for you.
- Save search: Save your search requests and get an email message once there are new auction lots, which match your search.
By bidding you are entering into a contract with the auction firm, not with Sixbid AG.
After you submit your bids, you should expect to receive an automatic confirmation email from Sixbid. Your bid is not considered a contract until you have received a second confirmation email directly from the auction house.
In addition, be aware that any winning bids may be subject to a buyer's fee (typically 10-25%), local taxes (VAT) if applicable, and shipping/bank fees.